[IRCA] DXing from Kilauea crater

OK - standing in the pitch black with the YL
staring down into a glowing crater might
not be DXing - but it is right up there
with sheer excitement of the radio hobby.

Actually had my FT-60r handheld and keyed
the local repeater and chatted to
Victoria via an "IRLP" internet/radio link.

Staying at the Nohea Volcano Cabin -
http://www.volcanoplaces.com/nohea/nohea.html
Which seems fairly quiet for DXing -
Noted they have WiFi here (a linksys) and
a BPM extension on their network (which I
will definitely unplug if it becomes noisy!)

I have not been an acoustic environment this quiet
in a very long time - can hear a few crickets...
and that is it!

73,