Re: [IRCA] qsls by year

Jim Renfrew, Hollwy NY

I actually keep track of this stuff. Here are my QSL totals going back to 1982. You can see that in recent years I have slacked off a bit, and sent for none in 2011. But the overal response total is just above 69%. From time to time I have sent follow-ups, and these are included here. I would guess that my international QSL requests have always been poor, and bring down the overall success rate. Since I have sent more TA requests in recent years than usual, the non-responses have really hurt my success rate. 1982-1985 or so were all on the typewriter (remember those?) and very tedious to prepare.

By contrast, TV QSLs are around 90%, FM QSLs around 80%, and SW QSLs probably 50-60%. These also include follow-ups.

YEAR    REC'D/SENT    PCT

1982:    21/25 = 84.00%

1983:    43/59 = 72.89%

1984     40/52 = 76.92%