Re: [IRCA] NE Oregon TPs, Sunday, Jan. 1: compared to Masset

Re: [IRCA] NE Oregon TPs, Sunday, Jan. 1: compared to Masset

I'm back in Victoria tonight, and listened from Masset for the last time
this morning.  Conditions were way up over the past couple of days, and in
fact quite good!  Listened from 14:45 to 17:05.  The upper band, perhaps
again (as it has been for the past few days) was suppressed especially
after about 15:30.  Highlights include Bangladesh Betar heard for the 3rd
time since 22/12 on 693 at 16:40.  KBRW was also well heard on 680 at
16:05, although earlier, all I was hearing was the CBC French station.  The
NHK2 stations were on later than the past few days, signing off around
15:20.  China was particularly strong this morning.  Even heard the
Hawaiian on 940 (but only on my ALA 100 oriented NE/SW, and not my NW BOG)
at 15:41.  Always a pleasure to hear them in Masset.  As for last night, a
small number of TAs heard.  DLF on 1269 seemed to be the strongest during
the past 10 days, with up to a "8" level strength.  Otherwise only a
handful of stations heard TA.  I heard TAs on perhaps half the nights in
Masset, and when they were in, they weren't very strong.  Nothing like 2
and 3 years ago!  73,....Walt