[IRCA] MW DX from Enid OK, December 12-17, 2011

[IRCA] MW DX from Enid OK, December 12-17, 2011

All times and dates strictly UT. MW log editors are welcome to excerpt items, reformat and change to favorite timezone if necessary. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only; some caradio as specified; above 2 MHz on FRG-7 with 110-foot east-west longwire.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

** MEXICO. Pre-sunrise MW DX Dec 16:

830, Dec 16 at 1200 UT I look for Mexican national anthems where it`s 5 or 6 am, and find one here, choral version. Hard to null WCCO, however, then 6:01 TC, ID(?) as R. Sótano, Piedras Negras, local news. So is XEIK, Coahuila, IRCA 2010-listed as La Norteñita, 5 kW day and maybe as much at night, roughly collinear with Minneapolis.

940, Dec 16 at 1204, Mexican NA in a version I have not heard before, YL very nice alto voice, but faded before any ID heard. Need to pursue this one further.

980, Dec 16 at 1206, choral NA looping WSW, sign-on by YL mentions Cananea, Sonora, then OM continues with ``radio pública``, addresses, Instituto Mexicano de la Radio, then to live announcer with 5+ am timecheck, temperature as -7, which is not that unusual along the northern frontier in winter. Is XEFQ, La Voz de la Ciudad del Cobre, 1/0.5 kW, heard before (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 890, Dec 14 at 1331 UT, just before LSR, in null of KTLR OKC, promo for employment@xxxxxxxx in Kansas City, other ads; seems religious. NRC AM Log 2011-2012 shows KGGN as a 960-watt direxional daytimer, COL Gladstone MO, ``Great Gospel Radio``. FCC pattern plot shows two-tower broad cardioid peaking 250 degrees with null toward WLS, no protexion for OKC. Seems vaguely familiar: yes, I did log it 12.6 months ago as in DXLD 10-48 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1300, Dec 16 at 1211 UT, `Gospel Hour` from ``Shreveport`s premier station`` , i.e. KSYB. Found website http://www.amistadradiogroup.com/ with audio greeting pronouncing Amistad with short A`s as if it were an English word: ``The Gospel Power House --- The Station God Listens To!!!`` Tnx for the promotion. 5000 watts day, 30 watts night, and it`s definitely still night. NRC AM Log 2011-2012 does not show a PSRA, but there is one of 500 watts, which is more like it after 6 am local, per:
http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/getimportletter_exh.cgi?import_letter_id=5041
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1460, Dec 16 at 1213 UT, S Asian songs, segués including one at 1222, no announcements. Hard to get a fix, seems sort of E-W, but the only ETHnic format in NRC AM Log anywhere around here is KBRZ, Houston TX, and their ``International Language Radio`` schedule fits:
http://www.kbrzradio.com/5.html
with `Sangeet Radio` M-F 6 am to midnight, more variety on weekends (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. TP carrier search Dec 14 at 1335-1339 UT circa local sunrise. Extremely weak JBA ones detected on: 774, 792, 828, 882, 1008, 1422, 1494, 1566 (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Atlantic carrier search on 10-kHz-step caradio UT Dec 16 around 0235 found hets on: 530, 670, 690, 890, 910. The last two look TA for sure, 891 likely Algeria and 909 most likely BBC Radio 5 Live totalling 401 kW, altho I couldn`t tell which side of the NAm frequencies. 531 probably Algeria too unless LYQ is back on 529, but I doubt it. 671 of course Cuba. The 690 het was less than 1 kHz, so some off-frequency American station; ideas? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)