[IRCA] TP for 14 Oct 2011 from Victoria (late)

[IRCA] TP for 14 Oct 2011 from Victoria (late)

Misplaced my log for yesterday, therefore sorry for being a bit late.
Monitored from 13:35 to 14:35 and conditions were good to Asia, especially
on the lower half of the band.  Once again, China was coming in well
(perhaps better than Nick's QTH), while it appears that Nick pick's up Japan
a tad better than I do.  Also heard VOA back on 1575 as well.  SF 138, A 4,
K (12:00) 1.  No space weather last 24, nor predicted for next 24 hours.
Highlights again today were the CNR1 transmitters on 639 and 756.  As
always, a "6" unless otherwise noted:

LW:  189 (6), 279 (7)
529:  SQM 7.5
558
567:  7 level at 14:06 // 594 with NHK1
576
585:  6.5 level, and seems // 594
594:
603:  8 level with music at 14:08, presumably South Korea
612
621:  7 level N. Korea at 13:56
639:  8.5 level CNR1 at 13:56.  Seemed cochannel at 14:10
675:  7 level at 14:11 ?Vietnam
702:  6+ level, I think N. Korea
738 (comment only)  Nick consistently receives this one better than I do.
I'm battered by 730 splatter from Vancouver and rarely hear anything here
except for late evenings from Tahiti.
747:  9 level NHK2 at 14:13
756:  9 level CNR1 at 14:12 (rarely heard at this strength!)
774:  8.5 level NHK2 at 14:27
801
819:  7 level N. Korea at 14:30
828:  8 level NHK2 at 13:59
864:  7 level at 14:31.  Not sure whether this was KK or CC station.
918
945: 7 level CC at 14:33.  Would rate much higher, except for bad adjacent
splatter.
954
963:  CRI Russian at 7 level at 14:33
972:  8 level strong S. Korea but low modulation.
1008, 1017, 1206, 1251, 1323
1566:  HLAZ 8 level at 13:35
1575:  VOA at 8 level at 14:24.

That's it for the morning.  Overall not too bad!  73s,.....Walt Salmaniw,
Victoria, BC