Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 10-10

Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 10-10

On 10/10/2011 07:58, d1028gary@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hello All,

738- BEL2  Penghu, Taiwan  Fair with undermodulated audio and
                           throbbing hum 1402
Gary

I checked 738 several times at Grayland last weekend using the Winradio's spectral display. Someone (presumably Taiwan) is putting out spurious carriers at approximately +/- 45, 90, 135, 180, and 225 Hz, each one slightly weaker than the next closest carrier. There were probably others more than 225 Hz from 738, but they were lost in the noise.

That would certainly explain the hum you've been hearing. The radio's audio filter does a nice job of filtering out the hum if you set the cutoff to 250 Hz. I also noticed something similar on 1098 and maybe 1-2 other frequencies. I'm amazed that it hasn't been fixed after all these months.

Bruce