[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 10 Oct 2011

I didn't seem to observe the dip from yesterday noted by those further west, and this was actually a quite interesting morning, at least on the lower end of the band. Japan was missing yesterday, but today 594 was doing it's best of the season. 774 though, which is usually the most reliable Japanese signal, remained missing, with Australia on the frequency. New Zealand on 684 was a pleasant surprise, as I didn't hear New Zealand at all last season. Rather an unusual set of strongish carriers too, with 882 (where I usually hear nothing) very nearly in audio, and much stronger than neighbouring 891 (where I usually at least get a strong carrier). Surmising 882 could also have been NZ, given the 684 reception.
This morning's audio:

594 - JOAK, Japan - good audio, likely the best this season on this freq, coming through the IBOC QRM.
612 - unID, but likely ABC Brisbane with traces of audio noted at 1318
684 - Audio traces noted at 1304, and thought it likely ABC, however signal improved by 1318 and determined program was a preacher in English. Definitely not ABC fare, so must be Rhema from New Zealand.
693- JOAB, Japan - fair audio, noted at 1310.
702 - ABC Sydney, up to understandable level at 1330.
774 - Weakish audio. Thought it was Japan at first, but turned out to be ABC Melbourne (the opposite of Walt's experience today)
819 - unID, traces of music heard at 1319
1548 - ABC, the only high band station to do anything at all, reaching audio level at 1325 for a couple of minutes.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta