[IRCA] TP for 3 Oct 2011 from Victoria: All Asia and quite remarkable

[IRCA] TP for 3 Oct 2011 from Victoria: All Asia and quite remarkable

To expand on my earlier brief report, I really thought that I was in Masset
with how well things were propagating this morning.  Clearly all Asiatic
with a modest DU dawn enhancement.  As everyone else has reported, 1575 was
really doing well with non-stop techno music before the TOH.  I listened
through the TOH, and there were no IDs at all.  Because of the rather
massive strength (stronger than even HLAZ 1566) I have to conclude that this
was the VOA in Thailand with a feed problem, resulting in fill music only.
 Until I hear a better explanation, that's what I'm concluding.  AFN Japan
(1 kW transmitters x 3, I think) wouldn't be booming in like this, and
besides, they run network news at the TOH.   I monitored between 13:22 and
14:11 this morning.  SF 131, A 11, K (12:00) 3.  Solar storms were minor for
the past 24, and predicted to be minor for the next 24 hours.  As always,
"6" (threshold) audio unless otherwise noted:

LW:  Hurrah!  189 and 279 both at 6 level (I have a lot of local noise
around here on LW, so any signal is welcome!)

594:  8 level NHK 1
612:  7.5 level Brisbane at 14:08
675
702:  7 level at 13:08
747:  7 level at 13:08
774:  NHK2 for sure at 7 level
792:  EZL music at 13:09 and 13:51 again at 7 level.  Presumably Australia
828:  8 level, best of the NHK2 outlets today at 13:10
837:  7 level music at 13:50
855, 864, 873, 891, 918, 936, 945, 1008, 1017, 1026, 1044
1053:  7 level jamming
1089
1098:  strong 8 level OC
1116:  7 level Australia at 14:10
1134:  7 level at 13:42
1143, 1152, 1161, 1188, 1197
1206:  7 level Yanbian on 1205.96 in KK at 13:35
1224
1242:  8 level JOLF
1251
1287:  8 level JOHR Sapporo
1323, 1359, 1386
1422:  8 level JORF at 13:34
1431, 1476, 1503
1566:  HLAZ at 7.5 level
1575:  9 level at 13:55 techno dance music.  No ID at the BOH at 13:30 when
it was at 8 level.  Nothing at the TOH either, just the same music.
 Improved at 14:00, as expected with dawn enhancement.
1593:  8 level CNR1 cochannel over NHK2
1602:  7 level NHK2

That's it for quite a remarkable morning.  The coast must have been very
good.  Have we heard from Patrick Martin today?   73s,.....Walt Salmaniw,
Victoria, BC