Re: [IRCA] Last night TAs in QC

Oops, sorry for typo. "Here in Quebec" should have been written...

Sylvain

Le 2011-09-07 22:34, Sylvain Naud a écrit :
Here in the Quebec, cx were quite interesting last night during a dx session I had prior to my sunset (around 23:40 UT). There, I've spent most of my time monitoring the sneaking-in Angolan on 1088 KHz from which I had at least some weak audio with man talk. I remember that there wasn't too much action coming from the Middle-East especially on the higher part of the band (except for the 1521 Saudi and maybe Iran 1503 but I don't recall precisely) so I didn't pay too much attention there (missing something else maybe). I didn't went to check LW either.

From a few notes along with a 400 KHz Perseus recording, here's a couple of logs here and there, most of them with at least fair audio, beginning with at least a dozen of Spaniards (or Canarians), UK 909, 1053, 1089, 1215, Netherlands 747, Germany 756 & 1422, France 945, 1206, 1242, Iran 963 (mixed w Spain), Algeria 531, 549 & 981, Portugal 1035 playing Beach Boys' "California Girls" and most likely Morocco 1044 buried beneath one of WBZ IBOC sideband.

But the star of the night was beyond doubt, Radio Mauritanie at 783 KHz with a huge signal. This one draw my attention before I had my focus on 1088. Actually, this is my best copy ever:

http://www.quebecdx.com/mp3/mauritania_783a.mp3

Sylvain Naud
Portneuf, QC
CAN