[IRCA] Flag Antenna up

Jim Renfrew, Holley NY

My flag antenna got damaged this spring - the upper wire broke (about 25 feet up). Not sure if due to the trees bending in the wind, falling branch, or mastodon failing to duck. I got the thing up by borrowing a 40 foot ladder and didn't want to go through that again because it also involves borrowing a truck, and a 40 mile round trip. However my 30 foot ladder got me high enough to get'er done. I did my ladder/tree limb acrobatics before my wife spotted me.

I didn't help that I shredded my flag's coax twice last winter. It's because I lay it on the driveway, and then forget that it's there when I run the snowblower. I have county water coming in sometime this fall and my plan is to get the contractor to let me push some coax under the driveway along with the water line. It might be smart to run three coaxes. I talked to the guy who replaced my well pump (yes, my well pump died and I had to replace it so I can have water for the next three months until the county water comes in) and he seemed to think my coax idea should be no problem.

Anyway I plugged in the flag antenna but no MW TAs. I tried it later than Brett. On my east/west beverage, however, I have a wealth of LW TAs tonight.

Guess I'll go back to listening to Perseus recordings from last fall in Newfoundland.