[IRCA] Bruce Elving via NRC list-Sad news

[IRCA] Bruce Elving via NRC list-Sad news

Sad news to share about FM's friend, Dr. Bruce Elving. He and wife Carol
had been in Loma Linda, California for a few weeks for treatment of his
prostate cancer. They were planning to return home to Minnesota this
month. The little information I have says he passed following a heart
attack en route to a hospital.
Bruce was probably best-known for his "FMAtlas" directories and until
recent years, his "FMedia!" newsletters, along with his service of
modifying of FM radios to receive SCA broadcasts. He was among the
founders of the University of Minnesota's KUMD 103.3 Duluth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Elving
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KUMD-FM
>From Bruce's Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002321108701&sk=wall [with
photo of Bruce & Carol] posted Monday evening:
We are very sad to inform all of Bruce's friends that he passed away in
California on July 24, 2011. His memorial service will be on Monday,
August 8, 2011, at 1:00 p.m. in Duluth, Minnesota. To express
condolences or for more information about the service, you are welcome
to call Carol Elving at 218-879-7676 (Broadcast E-list via Scott Fybush,
Aug 3, WTFDA via DXLD)