Re: [IRCA] noise issue update

When this stupid law became known a few years ago, I kept track of my usage
for a year and found that my 2000 sq ft home consumed about 30 bulbs (60 w)
over those 12 months.  Your mileage may vary I assume.   I bought 24 bulbs
on any trip to Lowe's until I got about a 12 year supply squirreled away.

In addition to that, I am using some LED bulbs in a few strategic locations
in the house that are far enough away from any radio gear ( I notice some
hash at a distance of 3 feet or less).  Based on where I am using them, I
think my 12 year supply of incandescents will last 15 or more years.

On the LED's, some models are longer in length than the standard bulbs...so
they may not fit inside every fixture you have.  Also they are heavy!  So in
lightweight lamps (gooseneck style), they can actually pull the thing over
due to weight.   So don't assume they are always going to be direct
replacements.    Also, the "light" takes some getting used to.  It's a
brighter light and I find that it doesn't spread out/disperse as well as
incandescent.  They do run much much cooler and I think ultimately this
technology will be a good one...once prices come down.  I refuse to use
CFL's.

I have found that the 40w LED equivalent actually creates a similar amount
of light to a 60 watt incandescent in some fixtures.

FYI

Russ J.

--

*
The beginning of wisdom is to recognize the world as it is, not as