Re: [IRCA] Patrick and email QSLs.

Patrick,

I have received a couple email QSLs that were letters as attachments. So
they print out like a letter that you would receive in the mail. I have made
some prepared cards from photos or logos off the station's website. The one
I made for KAWC Yuma on 1320 has a photo of their tower on the front and
text of their station history that was on their website on the back. It
would pass for something that they made. Some DXers make a form letter with
the station logo on the top. You can send that in the mail and ask the
station to add their name/title at the bottom or add your text to their
letterhead. And if it's a form type letter they can easily use if to respond
to other reception reports!

One more trick for some established stations. Find someone who has an old
card of theirs, scan it, edit it to a blank card and print. Use that as a
prepared card.

I'm not sure what's going to happen to my QSLs. My utility station
collection is not wanted by the QSL preserving people so I will find another
outlet for all my QSLs when I pass on.

Martin Foltz
Mission Viejo CA