Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 21:12:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: todftscytj7707@xxxxxxx
To: amandx@xxxxxxxxx, amdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [IRCA] Hodge-podg

Hello all!

Its been awhile since I have written in. I have been traveling a
little, to Houston and later to Phoenix, working a new job and alot of
radio stuff. Last weeks I went to this gentleman's home in search of a
hallicrafter. I was so excited when he took me to his first room! 40's
and 50's Zenith's, philco's and smaller Hallicrafter's stacked upon
each other! I was like a kid at the candy store! There was so many
antique radios there! I still kept my sights though and told him that
I'm still looking for a larger Hallicrafter. I wasn't very versed on
mode numbers. George Sherman gave me a crash course on the best model
numbers on the way to  this gentleman's house.

Then he led me to another room that had bigger and better quality
radios!  In there he had 2 Hallicrafter S 40 A 's for me to sample. I
did buy the better working one but it needs new capacitors if anyone
knows of someone able to fix this that would be great!

I did express to him that I was really looking for a SX 88. He said he
might have one but he has to look for it. Seems like he had yet another
stash not to be seen by me. He did though showed me a National (not
sure of model) from the 40's that had so many knobs. He said that  he
would sell it for 300. Any advice one this as well would be welcome.

DX wise: 1190 from Wabasha, MN isnt back on the air //1250 Red Wing and
owned by KCUE.

One E-skip opening to Florida, Georgia, and the Carolina's which was
minor for me.

TV has not been to exciting exciting except seeing SD on trops.

AM has been nominal except in April where I heard 1010 WGUN
Atlanta-second time heard since the 80's. Also 740 WNOP Newport, KY
which is my latest new AM station #1288 heard in the Twin Cities to
date.

I have rambled enough.

Todd aka FTS in Woodbury, MN