Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 13:44:16 -0400
From: "Wm R Hepburn (Grimsby ON CAN)" <cxgy@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Doug Smith <w9wi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "amdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <amdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amdx] Montreal 690/940 to return?

It's not that bizarre. Niagara Falls has a 5,000 watt TIS.....CJRN 710.
    (the TIS' history can be traced back to an 8 watt TIS on 91.9).

Even Environment Canada, at one point, did research on the potential use

of high power AM for its weather broadcasts in remote parts of the
country.

   wrh

--
William R Hepburn (VEM3ONT22)