Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Over Mod on the increase?

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Over Mod on the increase?

Agreed..as an example, the slop from overmod SS rlg (usually rlg mx) near super local (due to pattern and 13 miles away) WAIT 850 is lots worse than it was a few years back. Even 830 and 870 are bothered but fortunately they are a daytimer. Some other stations playing mx seem quite wide and wider than a few years ago.

WSCR 670 has also been bad, quite surprising, since it is sports talk, but perhaps it is issues with analog and their IBOC as well. Their IBOC is off today (noted last eve off) and they aren't slopping past 690 and 650 now. When they were this bad, it was just IBOC that wide, it was analog artifacts as well.

Re: our FCC...LOL or should I say COL (Crying out loud). The ammount of stations running day power 24/7 is on the rise again, especially for stns in Spanish.

Sure...have a tower light burn out or leave a gate unlocked and get a big fine, but leave day power on too late or otherwise operate far outta spec and no worries.

Re: 1310 Prosser...ty for the tip on that. Are they still ESPN Deportes? Re: 1480 Gooding..I didn't note them last season, although that takes very good cx. Are they still usually running 5 kw all night?

We DXers need to even better communicate about very likely night power cheats in our areas once good trans-continental cx come back (late Aug at the earliest in general). It is quite possible with good antennas and a rather clear freq to get double hop across the country on regionals running 5 or higher kw ND at night.

However, we should probably keep these communications and lists of suspected cheats off the msg lists since we don't want to falsely accuse in public although we DXers as a collective can usually be 99% sure. The purpose is not to raise red flags and accuse, but to alert others of distant DX possibilities. As an example, it might be possible for me to get Prosser past WIBA as I've had KEIN before right thru them. ESPN Deportes will stick out.

73 KAZ Barrington IL