[IRCA] Over Mod on the increase?

I have noticed over the past year or two, stations with overmod more.
Like around here, KKEE-1230-Astoria (ESPN) is horrible. Distortion. I
don't see how anyone would listen to them. I have phoned New NW BCing
and so far nothing has been done. They did not even sound all that
interested. I got the idea, they knew it.  Then even KSWB-840 Seaside
has cranked their mod up, right on the line where if it was any higher,
there would be clipping, so the splatter is worse. In setting 820 KGNW
on a null to get Waldport OR, which I can hear, the splatter from KSWB
840 is terrible. Of course, I have to go right through Seaside to get to
Waldport, so the signal on KSWB is peaked. There is no way around it, as
if I don't phase out the North, KGNW is dominant. Then  I noticed today
KGDD-1520-Portland to be over mod too, causing splatter on 1510 & 1530.
They are S9+5 here, not that overly strong and never used to splatter on
KGA 1510 or KFBK-1530 days. Calling the FCC would be a total waste of
time in today's world. First, the local stations cannot be received at
the FCC officials home in Portland and he isn't going to drive out here
to check. He might do something about KGDD, but I kind of doubt it. I
wish we had our "old" FCC back. I just have a feeling that the future of
over mod is just going to get worse. Add to that IBOC and more stations
not dropping power at night. 1310 Prosser WA as well as 1480 Gooding ID
both go on for weeks running 5 KW ND 24/7. I did noticed 1310 Prosser to
be back to their lp last night as I could hear Missoula MT. If the
goverment had the FCC there to fine stations that broke the rules, there
would be plenty of money to support the FCC.  Has anyone else noticed
station running over mod the past few years?

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR
KGED QSL Manager