[IRCA] KSAZ 580 AZ test update

Reminder:

This coming morning -- Sunday morning, April 24 -- from 0000-0300 PDT (0300-0600 EDT)

580 KSAZ AZ DX TEST

The station is known as Radio Ebineezer, programs religion in Spanish, and will be running regular programming but at its 5,000-watt non-directional day pattern. English IDs are anticipated on the hour. KSAZ transmits from an array just west of I-10, about 15 miles NW of Tucson.

At this point it is unconfirmed whether or not KSAZ will run any morse code, tones or other DX-friendly noises.

Paul Lotsof has said station management did not favour tones or code, though anyone who thinks they have the station is welcome to call him (Paul) at 520-290-9797 and he can confirm it by playing it into the telephone. That said, there has been some indication there may indeed be code/noises/whatever. All I can say is listen and find out - or don't listen and hear out afterwards how unexpectedly well the test got out. There, now I've jinxed it.

Here at Burnt River ON, I really don't expect to hear anything on 580 past the usual Windsor-Ottawa ON mix, which sometimes includes Charston WV, Harrisburg PA and Traverse City MI. That's a lot to overcome. I've just set up my newe Quantum Loop 2.0 Plus the other day but haven't put out any wires. If I put out wire to the wsw, where my ICE BOG was for much of the winter, I'll drown. There's more ice in my freezer. And I'm just too danged lazy to bring my unterminated east wire over the road. Actually, I'm having some fun with the new loop. One new log - 810 in SC, running ETWN overnight (far as I know, no one else on 810 carries EWTN and the SC station should not be running just shy of midnight as it was on Thursday evening). Anyhow, the loop also provided a tentative Colombia on 1170 (would be a relog from a month or two ago), so I'll settle for that for the test. Now, the question is, will I be able to DX from 0300-0600 EDT and still drive home tomorrow midday as planned.!
 ..)

But like I said, you snooze you lose. So I'll pack everthing up tonight, set an alarm and work at least some of the test time, and grab a few hours of zzz before heading home.

Thanks to Paul Lotsof and Patrick Martin!

Saul Chernos
IRCA-NRC DX test Committee