Re: [IRCA] Working on the problem

Still raining here with wind and I don't feel like crawling up and down a ladder to put it in the attic, nothing is waterproof right now so I'm fiddling with it in the basement. I get good groundwave but because of the chicken wire in the walls, plumbing, wiring and etc. nulls are useless.

Spending a few $ on wireless cards for the computers and using the bedroom media computer as firewall/router with the cable modem stuck inside the case got rid of most of my domestic birdies. 2 Gigabit hubs will be on Ebay soon...

I teat the "textbook" like a recipe book, gives a starting point but often needs some adjusting. Just for grins I did hook the preamp to the 4 turn coil. The resonant freq, with 1V at the varactor junction, about 520pF, Is about 530KHz instead of just above 540. Signal strength with biasing the same was about 6Db down going by the S-Meter on a strong station with attenuation set the same. Might just use it that way since the lower input EMF is less likely to cause intermod problems and the preamp has plenty of gain to spare.

Less interaction probably because of the Bazillion Ohm input impedance vs. the 50 Ohm feedline impedance usually used. At 9V it still tops out at about 1650KHz.

Still waiting on back ordered parts to finish the mods to my receiver, hopefully I'll have them before next winter...