[IRCA] 1510 with dead air

Last night at approx 0200 PDT( 04 / 07/11) after emrerging from a tub of nice relaxing hot water, I fired up my rig for a last minute check for TP whistles and since there weren't any I just did the usual scan and stopped scanning when I hit 1510 but didn't hear the usual sports ramble from what should have been a good signal from KGA Spokane WA.Instead I heard what appeared to be  dead air as there was no back ground noise. It wasn't just silence but a sound resembling what I heard long ago and that was something like a turning turntable with a disc on it with the needle stuck in the last circlular groove which keeps the arm from lifting off the record.I left it on 1510 for awhile to see if they would come back on air but nothing happened for at least an hour since I never heard anything to wake me up after falling asleep with my radio on.How long they were in the off air mode is unknown.Bill in BC