Re: [IRCA] R1000

Mike,

The R1000 is not too bad. I am surprised how well it does. The ceramic
filters are not great on splits at 2.7 kHz, but it does well on Domestic
DX. I souped it up a few years back, getting the 2.7 kHz filter to work
on AM, Got the AGC to work in the fast mode, and bypssed the terminating
resistors on cut down on the sensitivity on MW/LW.

Lartely I have had to phase KKEE 1230 down as they are overmod. I called
Tom and he said he would look into it, but so far nothing has been done.
I have an idea they are trying to reach the outlaying areas on a local
channel, but it sure makes their audio sound horrible and te splatter is
terrible.
73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin