From: "Joseph R Stewart" <RandyStewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 12:44:30 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] new radio question

It's not an "ultralite," but the Sony ICF-7600GR not only has excellent SSB capability, but also a good synchronous detector.  The Grundig G4000A (a newer version of the YB-400?) tunes SSB.
Randy Stewart
Springfield MO

It seems to me that there has been a lot of new small, feature rich radios come out in the last year or so, and I feel like I have lost touch with the big picture.  I have a need for a pretty small portable wth AM, FM, and SSB.  By small, I mean it needs to be able to fit in a brief case without taking up a lot of it.  And at the same time offer pretty good performance.  I have an ATS-909 that meets all of these needs except for size.  Does anyone have suggestions for something smaller?

Thanks,
Steve
--
Stephen Hawkins NG0G