Re: [IRCA] WKVQ-1540 DX test

1540 is generally a channel to avoid here, thanks to the power trio of CHIN,
WDCD and KXEL - they all blast me with their nighttime DA's.  You guys down
south have it easy!  To make it even more challenging, I was too tired to sty
up for the test.  At 2330 when I hit the sack, CHIN was on top of the pack,
so I tried to null them, leaving WDCD as dominant.  Checking my overnight
recordings now, I found that KXEL had come way up by 0100, and they and WDCD
were both huge during both test periods.  I did find some bits of code
breaking through during the first period, but things improved considerably
after 0200.  There was a very clear sequence of WKVQ code IDs starting a few
seconds before 0203.  I could probably pick out some more bits from the test
if I listened more, but this was enough to seal the deal for me.  1540
logging #14, and every one has been a struggle after the first three...

Many thanks to those who organized and ran this test!

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON