Re: [IRCA] 540 in Canonsburg, PA: Now on RS in SS, announcing as "WWCS Canonsburg"

Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 16:40:37 -0500

From: Brett Saylor <bsaylor@xxxxxxxxx>

      <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: Re: [IRCA] 540 in Canonsburg, PA: Now on RS in SS, announcing

      as "WWCS Canonsburg"

Brett, in addn to the stations I mentioned, there were several others fading
in/out that I could not ID, b/c I listened during one morning commute and
one evening commute, maybe a grand total of 45 minutes. Had I been home for
a day with a DA, I would have IDed easily a half-dozen more! // Back in the
60s, the Monroe, LA station was a common visitor here. And I heard KWMT
several times during sunset skip. Nothing beats an open channel! -Fred

I missed the period when they were off 540, although I don't know what new
possibilities might have come in here (I'm about 150 miles NNE of the
station); I have about 15 stations logged on 540, but KMLB would have been
nice to hear.

Brett

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 9:25 AM, Fred Schroyer <ibfreditor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I really enjoyed having 540 clear for a few days. It was like my teen

> years as a DXer in the late 50s-early 60s, with a locally clear

> channel, listening to the sunset progression from WGOP to WETC to WGTH

> to WFLF to KMLB. Nice while it lasted!

Fred Schroyer
Freelance Science Writer / Editorial Consultant
Waynesburg, PA 15370
(40 air miles S of Pittsburgh, 20 N of Morgantown, WV)
ibfreditor@xxxxxxxxx