Re: [IRCA] travel with radio gear

A couple of years ago I went off to Key West, FL. Rather than bring my gear along on the airplane, I shipped it to the hotel by UPS. It was probably cheaper than the current airline cost, plus it's insured for value - and has a trace. If you simply call and let them know it will arrive, there's no problem. I have a rigid plastic case with foam rubber to support the various parts. Works well. Given the paranoid security protocols these days, I wish I could ship myself...

Craig Healy
Providence, RI