Re: [IRCA] Reply to Bill in BC and the Group (Allen Willie)

Re: [IRCA] Reply to Bill in BC and the Group (Allen Willie)

Thanks for the reply to Bill and the Group, Allen.

The 1070 Indy station, WFNI (ex-WIBC), does not throw much, if any,
signal Allen's way when on the 10 Kw night setup.  When I lived about 15
miles NE of my present QTH, I could almost make them disappear.  They
send a BIG signal to the South and East, however.  My father who lives
in North Carolina, used to listen to WIBC each night to hear happenings
in his old stomping grounds.

Allen - you may be able to land Indy if you can catch them right before
local Indy sunset and their switch from the 50 Kw ND - day rig.  The
only time that I have heard KNX is one morning when WIBC was off due to
a power outage, about 1983 or so.  I bet, however, if I go 30 miles West
of Indy, KNX would be there instead of WFNI.  I wonder if Allen is in
perfect two hop range for KNX and that is why the (seemingly) easier
reception?

73,
Dave in Indy

Message: 4