Re: [IRCA] Oklahoma TP's 10/22/10 - or lack thereof

Re: [IRCA] Oklahoma TP's 10/22/10 - or lack thereof

I'm fairly new to all this and have spent most of my energies chasing
NDB's, but last night (Saturday 0100 UTC) was the first time I heard
activity on most of the longwave frequencies, the exception being 216
where a local beacon wipes out the frequency.  The loudest was 171 kHz.
It would have been a comfortable listen had it not been the QRN levels
that built up as the evening went on.

Best DX of the evening was Canadian NDB "BX", located over 2000km from
Warrenton, Virginia.

Antenna used was a 60' dipole with open-wire feed.  I tie the 45'
feeders together and treated the antenna as top-loaded vertical, worked
against ground.  Receiver Palstar R-30.

I enjoy this IRCA mailing list very much!
Jerry Wolczanski
KI4IO