[IRCA] Seattle TP DX 10-6-10

This was a reasonably decent morning. Conditions seemed slightly better than yesterday. More stations were producing audio, especially from China. Signals were nonetheless a bit on the weak side, and not at the strengths I remember from this time last year. The best catch of the morning was North Korea on 819, or at least I assume it was them with march music during millisecond pauses by the preacher on KGNW.

I listened from 1330 to 1405, and here's what showed up:

558    KBS woman in Korean weak-fair //603 1446
594    JOAB goos JJ talk 1333
603    KBS fair //558 1446
621 Woman in Chinese 1346, decent signal but mostly covered by severe KCIS-630 splash
648    V of Russia in Chinese good 1353
657    N Korea, good w/female song 1343
693    JOAB fair w/EE lessons //747 etc
738    Good carrier, weak audio 1442, probably Taiwan
747    JOIB good w/EE lessons 1332
756    CNR fair-poor Chinese talk 1342
774    JOUB good w/EE lessons in KTTH splat 1341
819 N Korea (presumed), 1341 bits and pieces of rousing march music during brief pauses in KGNW-820 splash
828    JOBB fair JJ talk 1340
864    Noisy carrier w/threshold audio 1339
918 China, time pips slightly late 1400:15, then ID too weak to understand, but theme music was similar to what I've heard on Shandong
972    KBS fair Korean talk 1337, good 1404
1017    CRI fair w/theme music, IDs in Korean and Chinese 1400
1035    CNR weak time pips 1400
1206    Yanbian PBS, good w/man in Korean 1335
1566    HLAZ weak-fair w/talk 1335, bad electrical noise

Bruce
R8A,SDR-IQ receivers, K9AY antenna