Re: [IRCA] WY>ON Tonight

On Wednesday 29 September 2010 10:57:55 neilkaz wrote:
> Nice catch at your QTH where this is obviously double hop. Yeah, a few
>  days ago they IDed nicely and ment Real Country at 2129 when the song
>  ended. I haven't done as well with WY as I'd have expected to here in IL
>  with my antenna systems that can greatly favor that direction. My success
>  at getting WY on regionals like 1260,1290,1330 via sunset skip has been
>  poor and I've tried when they have WY College FB. One that does get out
>  is KIML on 1270, but that is from more eastern WY and switches at 2115.
>  Also I this season KHAT 1210 "ESPN for SE WY" seems rather easy to get
>  when they should be on night power so look for them with WPHT looped.

No hope of getting anything as far west as WY from here on the regional
channels, but there are still a few possibilities on the "clear" channels.
I'll keep an ear on 1210, but that channel is troublesome due to my local
1200 blowtorch, plus IBOC from the Detroit 1200, not to mention WPHT.  Many
of the other mid-band clear channel possibilities are ruined for SSS by IBOC,
unfortunately.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON