[IRCA] 1521 and 1539?

UNIDENTIFIED. I sometimes check out the hi end of the MW band late at night, using the same E-W longwire to the FRG-7 as for SW. Something strange, Sept 23 at 0635 UT I was hearing a het of about 1 kHz on KOKC 1520, from 1521 --- that`s too late for Saudi Arabia, which is commonly audible earlier. And a het of almost, but not quite the same pitch, from 1539 against jumble of signals including an open carrier on 1540.

These do happen to be Region 1 MW channels, but such a pair is suspicious, as if a station on 1530 were running a 9 kHz tone test, or spurs of the same frequency. The 1521 and 1539 signals were fading, so not an artifact of some local appliance, altho 1539 was somewhat unstable judging from the pitch fluxuation. 1539/1540 het pitch was slightly higher than the 1521/1520 het, so if they were coming from a 1530 transmitter, it was slightly on the lo side. Could not make out any audio from them. Ideas? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)