Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 9-12

Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 9-12

Hi Mauno,

Thanks for listening to the MP3.

I switched to the largest antenna here (the 9' PVC box loop) for TP-DXing
this morning, and received a Japanese station on 729 kHz at a fairly good
level. Don't know for sure if this is the same station as yesterday, but it's
 the first time that 729-JOCK (// 594) has been heard here. Bruce may have
been right.

73, Gary

In a message dated 9/13/2010 5:29:15 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Mauno.Ritola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Sounds Japanese.

73, Mauno

13.9.2010 10:18, D1028Gary@xxxxxxx  kirjoitti:
> Hello All,
>
> For anyone with superior Asian  language identification skills (Korean or
> Japanese) able to listen to  the entire 729 kHz MP3 from the TP-DXing
session
> this morning  (2.48 MB, just over 2 minutes), it has been uploaded   to
>
>      _http://www.mediafire.com/?d0k54axtour55v5_
>  (http://www.mediafire.com/?d0k54axtour55v5)     .
>

> The recording was made through 730-CHMJ splatter  using a modified
> Ultralight radio, and is not exactly high fidelity.  The language of the
female
> speaker (under the splatter) is  either Korean or Japanese, and informed
> opinions would be  appreciated..
>
> 73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup,  WA)
>

> In a message dated 9/12/2010 10:57:12 P.M. Pacific  Daylight Time,
> D1028Gary@xxxxxxx writes:
>
> Hi   Bruce,
>
> Thanks for listening to the 729 kHz MP3. The lady is  speaking  so
quickly
> that it's tough to be 100% sure of the  language, and even  though my
first
> inclination was Korean,  there was no Pyongyang BS  parallel to check at
the

> time.  You could be right about possible  Japanese. The 729 kHz clip was
>  only  a
> short portion of the 2-minute  MP3, and I'll review  it again for more
> clues, and send you the whole  clip if you  like.
>
> Last October I had China dominant and a presumed  NK  on this frequency
> during a rare 729 kHz strong signal, and  even  though I've seen many
> reports of
> Japan on 729, it's  never been heard  here. In any case, it's kind of a
> moral
>  victory for me to get either  station here in Puyallup on Ultralights,
with
> the  CHMJ splatter  blanketing the frequency 99% of the  time here :-)
I'll