Re: [IRCA] TP/DU reception

I dunno Don.  I can't speak for myself, as I wasn't here last year at this time, but I do keep track of the TP logging reports.  Here's what Gary had to say concerning one year ago tomorrow morning:

>As reported by others, there were some nice TP audio signals this morning,
>but not at the exceptional signal levels of yesterday.
>
>The usual powerhouses of 594, 747, 972, 1566 and 1575 were strong, plus the
> new "powerhouse" of a ragged-sounding 738-Taiwan (which seems to be
>competitive  with the strongest TP's in strength recently, during the past week).
>Several  Chinese frequencies had audio (639, 936, 945 and 1593) but none of
>them had a  booming signal, like yesterday's 639-CNR1.

So actually his report this morning sounds pretty competitive.   John Bryant was hearing good stuff, but from a good location with big antennas.

And here's what Dennis heard tomorrow morning, one year ago:

>153   RUSSIA, 1200 fair with pips TOH and moderate noise.
>180   RUSSIA, 1209 very weak barely above noise level.
>234   RUSSIA, 1211 steady weak signal and less noise than above channels.
>279   RUSSIA, 1212 fair with music.
>666   JAPAN, JOBK 1217 weak over another station.
>693   JAPAN, JOAB, 1331 weak with woman in Japanese.
>738   JAPAN?, 1321 weak with Japanese music.
>774   JAPAN, JOUB 1221 fair with splatter.
>1053  KOREAS, 1230 jammer above faint audio.
>1134  CHINA, CRN1 1311-1316 good, best signal ever on this station.
>      Woman/man in Chinese // 5030.
>1215  CHINA, 1240 weak with Chinese. First time this season.
>1278  JAPAN? 1242 threshold audio.
>1287  JAPAN, JOHR 1324 weak with man in Japanese.
>1422  JAPAN, JORF 1249 weak with music.
>1566  REPUBLIC OF KOREA, 1253 fair with low audio.
>1575  THAILAND, VOA 1253 good with man in Asian language. Best signal this
>      season. 1259-1300 4 VOA ids. "Welcome to the Voice of America in
>      Vietnamese" at 1300.
>1593  CHINA, CRN1 1227 fair // 5030.

OK, guys, see what you can do tomorrow morning!

best wishes,

Nick