Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] KORC 820 Waldport OR power boost. from 1 KW to 5 KW

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] KORC 820 Waldport OR power boost. from 1 KW to 5 KW

Hi Patrick,

During two recent trips to Lincoln City (about 80 miles south of you, on
the coast) I was amazed at how the salt water beach propagation boosted up
all  kinds of signals, both wanted and unwanted. Some San Francisco area "big
guns"  (810 and 1530) hung around all day, and Seattle splatter (570, 710,
and  770) was almost bizarre in its strength. As I recall, 820 already had
KGNW at  good strength in Lincoln City, making 819 kHz practically unusable
for  DU-chasing. KORC's power increase won't help.

73, Gary

In a message dated 9/3/2010 10:23:48 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,