From: Bill Nollman <billct97@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'AM WTFDA' <amdx@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, Aug 29, 2010 10:09 pm
Subject: [Amdx] 1080 wrap up

Well, WTIC 1080 was off the air 2 nights in a row and the results were
nteresting.

Friday night was the better of the two nights to be sure. When they went off
 discovered 2 stations on 1070 (no HD from WTIC now).
On the north loop was CHOK Sarnia, ON doing country music and on the south
oop was WNCT doing Oldies.

On 1080 we had:
11:08 PM - WOAP Owasso, Michigan - Michigan's Big Oldies - with the north
oop.
Switched to the south loop for overnite recordings.
11:21 PM - Radio Venezuela - Maracay, VEN with the DJ screaming R. Venezuela
 few times - made it through the graveyard nicely thank you !
11:23 PM - The DJ said Havana, Cuba a number of times. Can't say for sure
hat this is Cuba.
01:10 AM - Gospel singing and an ad for cancer survivors - probably WHIM
01:46 AM - Man talking in what sounds like French, who knows.
02:00 AM - WHIM - Coral Gables, FL - Legal ID (probably them all along on
he previous 2 or 3 unID's)

That's about it. Part of the time I could also hear a sweep tone which most
ikely was coming from tests they were running on the WTIC transmitter
nd/or tower. At just a few miles away it wouldn't surprise me if that were
ossible. Sad to say they are back on right now at full strength and with HD
estroying 1070 and 1090. Yeay.

Bill Nollman
Farmington, CT.

iles! Register first.