Re: [IRCA] TP's for 08/22/10

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your comments, and I'm pretty sure that neither Guy or  I
consider ourselves anything close to "GODX" :-)

The Oregon coast DU propagation seemed very strong during the past  two
recent trips to Lincoln City, and I've often wondered about why the  same South
Pacific propagation wouldn't be even stronger farther south (around  where
you live in California). My guess is that in the absence of local QRM  it
would be, but the heavy concentration of domestic  splatter along the
California coast seems to make it very tough for  you guys to hear the really weak
South Pacific DX.

Even in NW Oregon along the beach, the splatter level from California
pests (like 640 and 740) was dramatically increased from the level  typical at
Grayland, WA, so that there was little or no "silent period"  when these
pests would fade out after local sunrise. Many of these California  pests were
daytimers in Oregon, and they were impossible to null out during  the
DU-DXing (with my simple loops always aimed to the SW).

73, Gary

In a message dated 8/23/2010 9:41:23 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,