Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 00:56:28 -0400
From: amdxmail@xxxxxxx
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, am@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [IRCA] Broadcasting Yearbook folds

Bowker Publications has announced that the 2010 Broadcasting Yearbook is
the final one.  It was no longer of much use to me, but in days of yore
I spent many an hour with it in the Knoxville and University of TN
libraries, checking to see which Construction Permits may have kicked
in.  It and the Standard Rates and Data Spot Radio directories were
treasure troves of info about the names of owners, engineers, and other
station staff (Remember "news director"?  "sports director"? "program
director"?), useful for addressing reception reports and DX test
requests.

David Gleason's website has dozens of scanned Broadcasting Yearbooks;
the oldest is from 1935, so it had been around for at least 75 years.

RIP old buddy.

Steve Francis
Alcoa, Tennessee