[IRCA] Broadcasting Yearbook folds

Bowker Publications has announced that the 2010 Broadcasting Yearbook is the final one.  It was no longer of much use to me, but in days of yore I spent many an hour with it in the Knoxville and University of TN libraries, checking to see which Construction Permits may have kicked in.  It and the Standard Rates and Data Spot Radio directories were treasure troves of info about the names of owners, engineers, and other station staff (Remember "news director"?  "sports director"? "program director"?), useful for addressing reception reports and DX test requests.

David Gleason's website has dozens of scanned Broadcasting Yearbooks; the oldest is from 1935, so it had been around for at least 75 years.

RIP old buddy.

Steve Francis
Alcoa, Tennessee