[IRCA] 690 French Saskatchewan

Good chance for many of you in the east who need the French-language station in SA not to log it ... heard it last night for third time this month, and I've only checked a handful of times. In the overnight hours. Not //540 860 etc CBCs but remember there's a time zone difference. It is // during news. Nothing else there that would be French, though. Pattern must be a bit outa whack? Mixed last night with WELD and a Spanish station. Have had lots of Cuba there, another I suspect is Colombia (which I've yet to conclusively ID).

The above DXed on the Sangean ATS909 with Radio Shack loop. Had to use a sideband to get it clear enough through the WLW 700 IBLOCK. Also using a loopstick-modified Tecsun, and while it had bits of French on 690 it was a tad harder to ID there.

Lots of thunder crashes and crap on the weekend, but these have cleared out a day or two ago and the band sounded almost winterlike last night. Crisp, clear. On the Tecsun, had 790 in Fargo before sunset here. Haven't had them the last year or two as much as I used to.

Looking forward to getting my AOR7030 and BOG longwires out after Labour Day, and comparing it to the Tecsun, which hasn't yet seen a MW DX season here and is begging for action.

Saul