Re: [IRCA] What a treasury! & Re Little Egypt

Re: [IRCA] What a treasury! & Re Little Egypt

Hi John

Re: It was like "going down to Egypt." Cairo, where the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers met, was expected to be one of the greatest American cities, and several other little towns in Southern Illinois were named after Egyptian cities -- such as Karnak and Thebes.

I saw a program on the History Channel about 6-8 months ago where they mentioned Little Egypt. Had to deal with early explorers if I remember correctly.

But,,,, getting back to the White's Radio Logs, I bought my first one in 1968. There was a drugstore about a half mile from my high school and I'd walk over there on my lunch hour to purchase the latest copy.  Rather interesting, they are exactly as I remember. I even submitted a station change once and was listed in one of their magazines, though sadly, not one of the ones listed on the website. Also interesting was to see some of the names of people that I currently know....

Memories!

73 de Joe Miller, KJ8O, Troy, Michigan (Then Lansing, MI)