Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Pre-sunrise powers and Critical Hours powers

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Pre-sunrise powers and Critical Hours powers

That's another factor - these tiny power levels were never practical in the first place. Back in the 1970's and 80's, most equipment couldn't handle them, so many stations never used them and the 'allocations' are forgotten.

And many stations may be using other power levels - granted or otherwise - because their equipment can't handle it now, or couldn't before, and no records are kept.

But I'd have to qualify the statement that if they can't prove it they can't use it by saying that's what the letter of the regulations say, but that I doubt many stations either know that nor practice it, and unless there's an interference complaint, the FCC will never know and never act.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id