Re: [IRCA] Tone on 1040 / wandering 1040 het

Re: [IRCA] Tone on 1040 / wandering 1040 het

John Reiger, from DX MidAmerica (a nice site, you should check it out
(http://www.angelfire.com/wi/dxmidamerica/) asked Michael Procop from
the Cleveland area about the weird tones / het on 1040.  He thinks that
it was WJTB, as Barry McLarnon had speculated.  ***Michael said that he
didn't notice it last night***  I didn't check last night, either.

I asked John to pass along my thanks to Michael for his input on this.
Thanks John!

73,
Dave in Indy

<<I noticed what sounded like an open carrier on 1040 a few nights ago,
sounded local, strong, not there at this time though, 2/3 0130. Probably
was WJTB. I'll keep checking to see if it happens again. 1540 WABQ was
doing this a few years ago, leaving their open carrier on all night. I
talked with their owner about it and he was clueless.
Michael Procop
Bedford, OH>>