[IRCA] New ULR Country

Thanks very much to the recent tip from STEVE PONDER, I was able to bag the
Bahamas tonight for ULR country #10 for the TX log. Thanks very much, Steve!
Also logged two new XE stations plus two tentative XE's during my marathon DX
session overnight. All hrd on SRF-59 w/ SAT.

810, ZNS3, Freeport, Bahamas, 0451-0515 UTC, 1/16/10, at first just brief hints
of another sta here besides WHB and XERI. Gradually the sta came up, and by 0500
I caught a Bahamas ID by accented M then into a short nxcast by an unaccented W
ancr. Lcl wx forecast @ 0502-low temp tonight of 66 degrees w/ light winds.
Possible jingle after that and directly into a couple of cool tropical vcl
selections. Gradually losing them, and by 0515, they were history. No copy of
them on 1540. I couldn't count the number of times I've attempted to hear this
one both here and in Oklahoma.

830, XEITE, Distrito Federal, 0712 UTC, 1/16/10, monitored this freq most of the
time from 0530-0730, and this is the only positively ID'd sta I could get here
besides WCCO. Two clear "Radio Capital" IDs hrd between 0700-0730 UTC. I think
this one was mostly all tlk. VP copy.

830, 0530-0730 UTC, 1/16/10, Also two tentative loggings here during this time
frame. Not quite enough details to claim either one. Possibly XETLX (Tlaxiaco,
Oaxaca) hrd w/"La Poderosa" ID. Also XEIK (Piedras Negras, CO) here w/ Grupo
Formula mentions. Will follow up on these asap. Anyone else hearing these two
stations in your area?

770, XEQRV, Veracruz, VE, 0911-0930 UTC, 1/16/10, playing some pretty good SS
R&R mx as well as one song in EE. Hrd a sta promo sounding like a few bars of at
least 4 or 5 pop songs w/ some uncopiable tlk afterwards. Finally caught a
slogan ID @ 0930 exactly as listed in Callarman's Mexican Sta list, "Ultra 7-70,
La Radio." Stiff competition from XEACH.

I hope everyone here has a great weekend..best of 73!
Kirk Allen
Pasadena, TX