Re: [IRCA] KFQD 750 Alaska

This reminded me of two particular Alaska receptions I had that were on
opposite extremes.  The good side was a presumed reception of KBBI/890 which
ended up with a 2-3 day dialog back and forth with their program staff.
KDXU is pretty strong here, so KBBI was only able to barely sneak in with an
ugly (yet discernable signal).  I got an email verification from them based
on the dialog (once we came to terms on time zone differences).

The bad side was a detailed reception report of KCBF/820 that was coming in
armchair quality on a radio in a different room.  I had a 90-minute report
(which I abbreviated so they didn't have to read a book!) and even called
them and made an on air request for a song. I never got a verification, and
that was the LAST report I ever sent.  It was one hell of a DX thrill
hearing them coming in so strong, and its the ONLY time I ever heard them.
I had been on the fence about QSLs before that, and they pushed me over the
edge.  I know what I've heard and what I haven't, and documentary evidence
isn't necessary for me (amongst the piles of other documentation).

Mike Hawkins