Re: [IRCA] the average Ap index

On Jan 7, 2010, at 3:55 PM, Nick Hall-Patch wrote:

> Interesting view of the continuing decline in the A-index:
>
> http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/ftpdir/weekly/Ap.gif
>
> Lowest it's been in a very long time, apparently, in spite of increasing
> sunspots.   I saw one graph going back 165 years, but can't quickly find the source.
>
> best wishes,
>
> Nick

---

Hi Nick.  Interesting graph.  There sure is a LOT of stuff on NOAA's SWPC site.

I've been 'scraping' geomagnetic data off a few sites nightly for awhile, saving it in a MySQL database and using a PHP package called jpgraph to ... graph it.

Here's one that shows the last 60 days of several indices that may or may not shed any light on DX MW reception:

<http://ibbva-133.his.com/jpgraph_example2a.php>

and here's one that shows mostly the same indices as reported every 3 hours for the past 7 days along with a rating [1 - 5] of TA and TP reception here in Alexandria, VA for each day:

<http://ibbva-133.his.com/box+graph_test.php>

If these are of any use to anyone, you're welcome to bookmark them and tell me something I should be graphing that I'm not.

Bill Whitacre
bw@xxxxxxx
Alexandria, VA