[IRCA] Questions about the indoor SuperLoop

[IRCA] Questions about the indoor SuperLoop

Hey Kevin;

I have a couple of questions about your intriguing experimentation from
the article "Small Terminated Loop Antennas."

1. What differences would the location of the feed point and termination
resistor make.  i.e. What about them being at the top corners or midway
up the "verticals"?

2. The various loop antennas, such as the KAZ, SuperLoop, EWE Flag and
so on are all arranged on a vertical plane (for lack of better
phrasing).  What if you simply laid the loop on the ground?  Would that
work, with the antenna now being horizontal?  Would the null still be at
the potentiometer and the signal still be at the feed point end?  That
way you could use an open field, side yard or whatever and not need
supports of any kind.  Of course, I dunno if it would work. :)

3. Transformer on the feed point - What signal degradation / mismatches
would occur by simply using a TV 300 Ohm / 50 Ohm transformer?  IIRC, CT
DX'er Bill Nollman (WTFDA list) erected a "down and dirty" flag last
Fall and all that he had at that time was a 300/50 TV antenna
transformer.  Could I get by with that just to get a unidirectional
pattern?

When I first saw the webpage about David Hamilton's "Slinky Loop," I
thought that it would be cool to shove the Slinky inside of the PVC and
just lay the frame (with the antenna inside) in the garage when not in
use .  Now that I have read your article, I think that the big wall
inside of my garage would probably support a 7' X 8' loop, just strung
from insulated hooks.  I won't be able to do any preamplification but it
sounds better than the Figure-8 pattern that my old Sanersino or my yet
to be built Crate Loop would provide.

Thanks again!

73,
Dave in Indy