[IRCA] BOG question

Let me ask this again:

I've been toying with the idea of getting 5-600' of wire and hooking it
to either my old DX-400 or newer S-350 and heading to the soccer fields,
near work.  I do understand that both radios have built in antennas and
that it would interject some signals too but at least I could orient the
radio to compliment the BOG.  I used the DX-400 with a Sanserino loop in
much the same way.  Both radios have two terminals, which one would I
put the end of the BOG into (not using coax)?  An old Hallicrafters that
I had as a kid had a similar A1 / A2 setup and a little metal "blade"
that would short out A2, if desired.  Would plugging the BOG wire
directly into one would work and would I need to do a small jumper from
that one to the other one (A2)?  Thanks.

73,
Dave in Indy