Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 12-2... Back to Sleep

Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 12-2... Back to Sleep

Today was my first try at TPs in about a week. I listened for a few minutes around 1400 this morning and thought conditions were relatively decent. I had audio from the stations Gary listed below, plus 693 774 and 972, plus a few carriers here and there.

Gary and I had very similar results but our reactions were different My expectations were low, so I found conditions better than expected.. A classic glass half full or half empty scenario.......

Bruce

D1028Gary@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hello All,
With the "powerhouse" TP's struggling to stay in audio this morning around sunrise, it became very obvious that yesterday's excellent Asian DX session was a strange quirk that isn't likely to be repeated anytime soon. This morning there was modest audio from 594-JOAK, 603-HLSA, 639-CNR1, 648-VOR, 738-BEL2 and 747-JOIB around 1500 UTC, but nothing like the unusually strong 639-CNR1 signal at the 1500 TOH yesterday. The high band was worse, with only 1566 and 1575 having even wispy audio. As is typical in December, there was no real sunrise enhancement at all, but only a gradual TP fadeout starting around 1525 here.