[IRCA] Daytime DX

Daytime skip has been rather good lately.

I checked the dial while driving around at noon time on Friday, Monday and Tuesday, and heard a quite a few stations that woundn't normally be heard during the day on groundwave. The best was KOUU-1290 Pocatello with simulcast of KZBQ FM. Others included KUMA-1290 KRVM-1280 KXPD-1040 KNPT-1310 CKJR-1440 KGA-1510 KPBC-1640 and several unids. A few stations were much stronger than normal, such as CFUN-1410 and KEX-1190. Right now, I'm at home and listening to CHLW-1310 as I type this.

It's quite normal to get daytime skywave reception during the winter around here, although I thought it normally happens later in the season. Has anyone else noticed it in the last few days?

Bruce