[IRCA] TP DX This morning

Overall, this was not a great morning but there were a few bright spots.

KYUK-640 had the best signal I've ever heard from them at home. There was also a standards station on 590 mixing with KUGN and KQNT. It was from the same satellite feed as KGTL-620, so I'm assuming KHAR Anchorage, but no ID was heard.

My 1098 mystery station was back again, and a bit better than normal. It had a great carrier, but not so great modulation. I still can't decide on the language. I'm pretty sure its not Japanese or standard Chinese, but I haven't ruled out Korean or Mongolian. Oddly enough, other mid band regulars like 981 1017 1035 1071 1134 1170 and 1206 were weak or missing today. Heck, maybe the Micronesian station is now on 24 hours....... I wish I knew

Japan on 594 was close to average, but the NHK powerhouses on 693 747 774 and 828 were all well below normal.

Most of the action was at the low end of the dial. The middle and high end were generally not too good

Here is what my SDR captured today:

Really good audio, mostly understandable by a native speaker, even if it was for short periods
594   JOAK
640   KYUK
750   KFQD mixing with KXL

OK audio, some of it understandable by a native speaker, even if just for a short period
747    JOIB
774    JOUB up and down a  lot
780    KNOM mixing w/KKOB
972   Korea

Marginal audio, could recognize program content and maybe ID the language, but generally not understandably
549   Mayak
558   unid
567    JOBK
612   JOLK
648   VoR
666   JOIK
693   JOAB
729   JOCK
738   Unid, Taiwan and/or KBS
783   Unid, sure wish I could figure out who this one is
828   JOBB
1098 Unid
1206   Yanbian

Carriers, possibly with bit of real or imaginary audio
531 585 603 675 837 846 855 864 891 981 1026 1053 1215 1242 1278 1287

Bruce in Seattle