Re: [IRCA] TPs from Victoria BC on November 20

Re: [IRCA] TPs from Victoria BC on November 20

Hi Nick,

Great job on the new NHK1 logging on 675 kHz. Usually when there is a 675
kHz mix here it turns out to be Vietnam and Hohhot, but I haven't  heard
them together since the peak October days. Of course, after sunrise  the TP's
here in inland Puyallup fade out much more quickly than in salt
water-enhanced Victoria.

Like you, I have also heard the UnID Chinese on 972 kHz mixing it up with
HLCA recently. The 972 Chinese seems to have a talk-oriented format, unlike
the  828 kHz music-oriented Chinese station which has been giving JOBB  such
competition this month.

On 594 kHz, I had no trace of the echo (or Chinese) that you and John had
under JOAK, although I did have the Korean mixing very strongly until around
 1500. Usually the TP propagation here will not last very long  after
that-- recently around 1510 the TP's are leaving for good.

Thanks again for your detailed and positive TP report from yesterday, which
 along with Nigel's equally glowing summary helped convince me that the
late-season band still had bright spots.

73, Gary

In a message dated 11/20/2009 10:11:30 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,